The mission of the Discipline Committee is to develop each student into a self-disciplined individual.
The discipline approach in Tanglin Secondary School is the 3P Approach:
- Personal Attention:
- Personal attention is given to students who need to be disciplined. This is to help them review their actions and avoid misbehaviour in future, thus ensuring a conducive learning environment for all.
- Pastoral Care:
- Our teachers look beyond discipline into the social-emotional needs of their students.
- We study the backgrounds of our students to establish root causes of student misbehaviour.
- Teachers and students co-create solutions to the discipline problem.
- Parental Involvement:
- Our teachers communicate with parents to correct student misbehaviour and work towards a win-win situation.