School Rules & Regulation
1. Flag Raising Ceremony
- School begins at 7:30am (except Mondays at 8:30am) with the flag-raising ceremony. All students are to assemble at the hall / parade square by 7:25am.
- All Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. The Pledge will be taken with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Non-Singaporeans are to stand at attention throughout the ceremony.
All students must:
- be present for all school activities including during flag raising ceremony, lessons, CCA and official school functions. Students who are absent must produce a medical certificate or relevant documents to explain their absence. Letters from parents are strongly discouraged. A student with attendance below 80% (not including those with valid reasons) may not be eligible to sit for examinations. This may affect the student’s eligibility for Edusave Award. Attendance is a criterion used when determining conduct grade.
- obtain a written permission (“Permission to Leave School Early” form) from the school authorities before leaving the school premises during school hours. The form is available only at the General Office.
- be escorted by an adult family member or guardian when leaving the school early due to illness / valid reasons.
Students who do not attend school need a valid documentation if they are to turn up for CCAs, school functions or learning journeys.
All students must report to school before the stipulated time for Flag Raising Ceremony
- Students who are persistently late (more than 3 times per term) will be issued with a Letter of Warning.
- Parents of students that are persistently late (more than 20%) may be required to meet the Year Head or Assistant Year Head; Discipline Master; Principal or Vice principal before he / she is allowed to attend class.
- Late coming is a criterion used when determining Conduct Grade. Students’ eligibility for Edusave Award may be affected by conduct grade.
- Students who report to school an hour after the official reporting time without valid reasons will not be allowed to join the class and be sent home. Parents will have to make arrangement to pick their child up.
4. School Uniform
Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
All students must:
- keep the uniform neat and tidy at all times.
- wear trousers / shorts / skirts of appropriate length. Skirt lengths should not be more than 2 cm above the knee.
- ensure that the school uniform are not modified. In particular, girls are not to taper or shorten their skirts; boys are not to taper or shorten the length of their pants.
- wear the school’s PE T-Shirt and PE shorts during PE lessons.
- ensure they are appropriately attire during school hours.
- wear white socks and completely black shoes (low cut shoes) without any coloured or white coloured parts.
No slipper is allowed at all times. Wearing of slippers / sandals will be permitted with only a doctor’s letter.
- put on the school uniform, CCA attire or approved school T-Shirt on Saturdays and during the school holidays should they return for activities, CCAs, remedial lessons or for any other matters.
- wear only white or PE T Shirt inside the school uniform (if necessary).
Wearing any form of religious items or accessories is not allowed in the school.
All students must:
- be well groomed. Students with improper and / or outlandish hairstyles will only be allowed to attend class after they have their hair properly cut, styled and approved by the school.
- not wear coloured contact lens/ pupil-enlarging contact lens.
- keep fingernails short and clean without nail polish.
- not have any tattoos and / or body art drawings.
- be short and neat at all times. No overlap is allowed.
- be consistent in length.
- not fall below the forehead or be thick and layered.
- not touch the ears. Fringe must not cover eyebrow.
- not touch the shirt collar.
- not be dyed or highlighted.
Boys must be clean shaven. No facial hair (moustache, beard or side-burn) is allowed.
No ear rings or ear sticks allowed. Persistent offenders will only be allowed to return to school after the earholes are closed.
- Hair must be neat and pinned neatly behind the ears. Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied up.
- Fringe must not cover the eye. Hair band and clips used must be black or dark blue.
- Hair must be of consistent length (side and back).
- No outlandish hairstyle is acceptable.
- Clips and ribbons must be black or dark blue.
- Girls are only allowed to wear a pair of small simple identical ear studs at the lowest ear hole of each ear. Fanciful ear rings are not allowed and will be confiscated. Ear sticks are not allowed.
- Girls are not allowed to wear coloured top under garment. Only white and natural colours are allowed.
- Girls are not allowed to wear any form of make-up.
The school management reserves the right to reject any hairstyle it deems inappropriate for school.
6. Recess conduct
All students must:
- leave the class during recess.
- queue up when buying food and drinks; Students are not allowed to place orders on behalf of others.
- return all utensils to the respective receptacles after use. Litter on table must be cleared.
- consume food and drinks in the school canteen only.
- dispose used cans, bottles and plastic bags into bins provided.
- assemble in twos outside their classrooms before the bell rings. Students are assembling outside their classroom 5 minutes before the bell ring.
7. Use of mobile devices and mobile etiquette
- Students bring their mobile devices to school at their own risk. The school will not be responsible for any loss of the mobile device / phones.
- Mobile devices and phones must be switched off during school hours. They may only be used during recess and after school at the canteen, parade square and foyer, unless instructed by teachers.
- Mobile devices are to be placed in the class mobile device box during curriculum time, unless instructed by teachers.
- Mobile devices and phone must not be brought into the examination room or hall during the school or national examination.
- Mobile devices and phone will be confiscated if student violates any of the guidelines. Confiscated mobile devices and phones will be returned to parents (after a month).
8. Use of school facilities and cleanliness
All students must:
- observe the rules of usage of the facilities – this includes taking good care of all school facilities and equipment.
- not remove any furniture and equipment from any room without the permission of the OM.
- maintain cleanliness at all times.
- This school has zero-tolerance for
- bullying / fighting in any forms.
- any form of defiance.
- gang-related activity. Identified students will be referred to authorities for investigation and follow up.
- any activity that brings disrepute to the school image.
The above offences are classified as serious offences. Offenders will be severely dealt with, and consequences can include caning, and suspension. They will also be referred for counselling if necessary.
All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- Students must maintain discipline, be polite and respectful to all at all times.
- Students must not indulge in any activity that will harm, inconvenience or disturb the other students in the school in any form at all times.
- There should be no loitering along the corridors, in the canteen or any part of the school premises. Students who wish to go to the toilet or need to run errands must display valid passes.
- All offences committed will be entered into the School Cockpit. This may impact the student’s conduct grade, testimonial, Edusave Bursary and Scholarship.
- All confiscated items must be collected by parents at the end of the term.
* The school management reserves the right to introduce new rules and regulations or modify the existing ones as it deemed needful and appropriate.