Student ICON Information
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What is the naming convention for Student iCON email address?
- The student’s email address will be based on <Full Name>@students.edu.sg.
- Any space in the full name will be replaced with an underscore.
- Should the student’s full name have words such as “Bte” and “s/o”, they will not appear in the email address.
- For cases where students share the same full name, we have added a numerical number (e.g. Jon_Tan_1, Jon_Tan_2) to differentiate their email addresses.
Q2. How can my child log in to Student iCON?
Student iCON is web-based. Students can use their web browser in their internet- enabled computing or mobile devices to visit
https://workspace.google.com/dashboard to access Student iCON
Q3. Which Operating System or browser should my students use?
You can refer to the following table for guidance on the Operating System/browser which students can use to log in.
Q4. What are the default Google applications available for each level?
Please refer to the attached Student iCON Onboarding guide for the list of default applications. Any additions to the list of applications will be done after a review of the application and its relevance for use by our students.
Q5. What is the password requirement?
Please follow the password requirements below:
- Password must be at least 8 character(s) long.
· Password must contain at least 1 lowercase letter(s).
· Password must contain at least 1 numeric character(s).
· Password must contain at least 1 uppercase letter(s).
· Password must contain at least 2 alphabetic character(s).
· Password must not be longer than 24 character(s).
· Password must not be one of 3 previous passwords.
· Password must not match or contain first name.
· Password must not match or contain last name.
· Password must not match or contain user ID.
Q6. Student IAMS Accounts can also be locked-out
Accounts are locked-out due to:
- Repeated failed login attempts (more than 5 tries)
ISAC can perform password reset for such accounts via Manage Student Function.
Note: Password expires every 90 days. Users will be alerted via email 7 days before the expiry date.
Q7. I have encountered one of the following problems:
- Error AADSTS900561 given by the Google website.
- Website does not load.
- Website keeps refreshing between two sites without loading any page.
- Website keeps refreshing itself without loading the page.
What should I do?
- Check that the browser is supported by Student iCON by referring to the Operating System / Browser table above. Close the browser and reopen it. Navigate to https://workspace.google.com/dashboard and repeat the logging in procedure.
- b) If the above does not work, useIncognito modeon your browser to login. Upon activating IncogQ8
Q8. I receive the following message:
Your account is temporarily locked to prevent unauthorized use. What should I do?
Please report to Student IT Helpdesk at our School Library.
(Please provide student full name and class)
Operating Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm